Thursday, February 07, 2008

Let Us Bitch

Eventhough I have one huge assignment to think of and is at the moment in a state of panic, I still feel like I need to do this. After all, this would be like taking an active break from heavy thoughts on that mock internet business proposal I had to do.

I read my sister's piece of note on Facebook yesterday, and here I am, thinking about the words she said in that note again today. Quoting her thoughts: Is it really right for us to label anyone as a bimbo just because she doesn't know politics and history? Well, if that is right, then surely it must be right to also label one who knows so much about politics and history, but knows nothing of science and math, a bimbo. It doesn't sound right, kan? Well, that simply concludes it. One does not become a bimbo just because he/she lacks knowledge in one or two relevant field. Especially not if it's just politics and history. Excuse me, knowing your history/politics doesn't make you Einstein. So sister, if you're reading this, tell them to f**k off. Hmmm....I wonder if they really define 'bimbo' as 'a woman who doesn't know her politics/history' in the dictionary.

I too, realize that people often misjudge others when it comes to how they look. That if they look good, they must be stupid. Or if Muslim ladies don't cover up their locks, they're bad ladies. Does being smart and clever always comes with ugly physiques? Sounds stupid, but there are people who are stupid enough to have those kind of judgment.

And of course, kalau pakai tudung tu adekah confirm baik? Nowadays, I can see many who doesn't cover up for religious sake. They cover themselves up only out of fear of their parentss, or they cover up because certain rules require them to. And believe it or not some wear tudung for fashion sake, cause say, maybe they are born with bad hair and decided that they look better with it than without. What is the point of bersusah-susah memakai tudung lepas tu when you are away from your family, you decide untuk berseksi-seksian, and lepas tu pakai tudung balik when you come home. Good lord, boleh decide betul-betul tak ape kau nak buat sebenarnye? I don't have anything against people who wears tudung or don't wear tudung, nor do I have any problems with people who wears tudung and later decide not to wear it. But I do find that it is somewhat disturbing to see individuals yang hari ni pakai tudung, esok, untuk occasion sekian dan sekian tak pakai plak tudung. Sorry if I offend anyone when I say this, but kau ni split personality ke ape?

And one more thing, I hate last minute planning. I hate, impromptu decisions especially when I already have my own plans all laid out first. Like deciding to go holiday tomorrow when I have plans to finish my assignment in this few days. Boleh tak decide awal-awal? I am not asking for months ahead of planning, I'm asking for just at least 3 to 4 days ahead. Is that too much to ask for?

And yes, I know, I am such a nag. But nevermind, it's my blog after all, innit? At least I'm happy with what I have. Family and friends.

14 comments:

Ty said...

exactly, sitod...!

Anonymous said...

well, the person your sis was referring too was me. not trying to argue here, but just want to set things straight. yes i did tell her friend that i thought she was interesting, cause she was interested in politics. BUT in NO WAY WHAT SO EVER WAS I HITTING ON HER, OR MEANT THAT PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HISTORY/POLITICS ARE BIMBO'S.

history/politics are just another topic that interests me. Just like sports, programmings and travel. (hence my fav tv channels are, ESPN, travel channel, discovery, and the history channel). I like talking about it, and especially like hearing other ppl's point of views on political topics. Is that wrong?

but hey, if ppl want to twist my words, go ahead. kind of getting used to it anyway. Might be cause i'm not "PURE MALAY" kot, thats why ppl tend to look down on me, bad mouth, make fun n say racial comments. oh well, "what don't kill, will make you stronger".

"At least I'm happy with what I have. Family and friends." -->> agree, so am i. :D

Ty said...

Hai la dude.., i just text messaged u. come to kajang la. we have coffee and have real adult talk for the first time? what say u? anyway, whatever the issue was, it didn't sound like something u would say, anyway. misunderstanding, maybe?

Ty said...

kess,
tudung mengcover rambut, it doesn't cover the mouth. perhaps they should get something to cover their mouth instead?

Anonymous said...

i dont know shit about politics and history. dont worry. that makes the two of us. for what i do now, i dont think i should call myself a bimbo.

one of the biggest decision i've made in my life is to wear or not to wear the scarf. like you said, i find it distrubing myself to be a part time tudung wearer. i chose not to have a 'split personality'. it's all good now. happy with the decision that i made.

Anonymous said...

oh, controversial.

btw nanako, if u were there with me at that Kirtash Home, we'd have some real fun figuring out what REALLY happened to them. hell, they "merajuk" and cried when it's time for us to go home.

i shall go sit in a corner tonight and ponder upon my life.

Ty said...

Oh, I always love it when things get controversial...

chics said...

Haih I don't understand when shallow people think they are intellectual.

I know a guy who can talk crap about politic/economy/history dan segala nenek-nenek but he is shallow

As in "i kalau nak kawen isteri mesti muda supaya i tak main luar" atau "tugas utama isteri adalah melayan lelaki di tempat tidur, let him make love like rabbit" ataupon "I bukannya ade hati sangat dekat dia tapi body dia macam jlo buat i geram"

Maybe the others think those things doesn't matter but to me, he belongs to the bimbo male group.

walina.ramli said...

aah ek! they dont wear tudung to cover their mouth! tak terpikir ah...aiyooo...does that make me a BIMBO then? huh..i guess it does! hahah....to call a person a bimbo, i suppose when they JADI like me just now lah! haha..

dakwanie said...

My late uncle, an imam at our kampung once told me that, yes being a muslimah requires us to cover our head. But, tudung is not everything, the act of covering your head must comes with a sincere heart, and the attitude of a perfect muslimah. And he told me, to put on Hijab only when I am ready for it.

Plus Hubby said : Pakai lah apa nak pakai selagi nampak senonoh muahahahhahahahah

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

nuruliz said...

Hi Ty...long time no see right...just browsing the facebook and just got hold of your blog. Hem..about the tudung thingy totally agree with u..since I am now wearing tudung myself I hope to become 1 self and not having split personality as u mentioned..keep in touch..Nurulizwan..

Anonymous said...

hi every person,

I identified tylogy.blogspot.com after previous months and I'm very excited much to commence participating. I are basically lurking for the last month but figured I would be joining and sign up.

I am from Spain so please forgave my speaking english[url=http://whatweknowng.info/forum].[/url][url=http://coceleberitygossip.info/forum].[/url][url=http://stlearnnewthings.info/].[/url]

Anonymous said...

Yet, in case you concur which today' ersus Ugg sheepskin boots the shoes are the uggs boots sale kinds, there's a chance you're certainly incorrect. Many of these http://www.bootssa.com additionally genuine diploma Ugg boot evolve because of a variety of styles but don't at any time wayward faraway from the theme. Aside from their amazing everywhere variations, Ugg boot makers certainly not quit in order to properly deal with elements of timeless trend variations upon various other things like [url=http://www.bootssa.com/]uggboots[/url] blockages, heeled hunter boots within brand new supplies together with finishes by their exceptional boot constructing. The can be intriguing, magic although neat for women, enormous females, males and youngsters.